The List Guide to Bonfire Night and Fireworks Displays around the UK 2017
Welcome to The List's Guide to Bonfire Night 2017. We've compiled and rounded-up the most comprehensive list of Guy Fawkes night events happening around the UK on remember, remember the 5th of November, as well as events happening before or after.
To find an organised bonfire or fireworks display near you, either use our postcode search field about, or see the below list of cities and towns where we've picked out the biggest and best events for the whole family to enjoy.
Whether you are at an organised event or planning something at home, it's vitally important to remember the Fireworks Code and teach these key lessons to younger members of the family.
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary.
- Light the firework at arm's length with a taper and stand well back.
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
- Never return to a firework once it has been lit.
- Don't put fireworks in pockets and never throw them.
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
- Make sure that the fire is out and surroundings are made safe before leaving.
Fire Scotland also has some pretty great advice and guidance regarding children and sparklers that's well worth looking at.
Where* to see fireworks near you:
ENGLAND & WALES
Bournemouth and Poole
Bristol and Bath
Cardiff and Newport
Leeds and Bradford
Newcastle and the North East
Plymouth, Torquay and Exeter
Southampton and Portsmouth
York and Harrogate
Dundee, Perth and St Andrews
Stirling and Falkirk
*NB: keep checking back as we update this page.