The X Factor will dump 5 acts over two weeks

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 24 October 2017
Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell

'The X Factor' will reportedly get rid of five acts over the next few weeks in order to boost ratings

The 'X Factor' will dump five acts over the next two weeks as part of a dramatic shake up.

This year's series of the popular singing show has been more brutal and unexpected than in recent years as bosses are determined to save sinking ratings, but it looks like they will go to new heights over the next few weeks as they're set to ditch a handful of contestants in one go to ensure only the best of the best make it to the end.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "With 16 contestants and only six weeks of live shows to get through, the eliminations are going to be coming thick and fast.

"But this is set to be a very harsh introduction to 'The X Factor' process with so many heading home so quickly.

"Producers are still finalising the plans, even with the first live show just days away."

The new rules will see two acts from each category perform this Saturday (28.10.17) and the remaining two taking to the stage the day after - meaning those who fail to secure enough votes from the public will be packing their bags and heading home.

The cruel new twist is just one of many things bosses have set up for the forthcoming weeks to ensure they keep viewers interested and tuning in every week from now on.

A source said recently: "Ratings plummeted and Simon knew a drastic revamp was needed. The Saturday night show became so tedious as there was rarely any drama which an eviction would bring. ITV believes transforming it is the right decision."

Bosses also changed the way the wannabe pop stars auditioned for the show over the summer as they restricted the amount of joke acts progressing after Honey G made it through to the final last year and encouraged people to sing original songs.

Post a comment