Karen Hardy leaves Strictly spin-off show
- Bang Showbiz
- 26 September 2017
Professional ballroom dancer Karen Hardy is reportedly "miffed" that she lost out to Shirley Ballas for the head judge spot on 'Strictly Come Dancing' and has left the spin-off show 'It Takes Two'
Karen Hardy has left the 'Strictly Come Dancing' spin-off show 'It Takes Two' after losing the head judge spot on the dancing show.
The 47-year-old professional ballroom dancer was rumoured to be taking over as head judge when Len Goodman left the show last year, however, Karen lost out to Shirley Ballas.
Last Saturday (23.09.17), the programme returned but viewers were shocked when during the popular section Choreography Corner - which was hosted by Karen - it was revealed the 2006 winner of the competition show was not returning to the series.
Zoe Ball, who hosts 'It Takes Two', said: "Now Dame Karen of Hardy can't be with us this series - now Karen don't be a stranger, come and see us."
Camilla Dallerup - who is based in Los Angeles - will now host the segment which analyses the celebrity's dances instead of the ballroom dancer.
Last year, Karen was hoping to nag the head judge spot and admitted she kept trying to walk away from the show but keeps be pulled back.
She said: "I've been a judge for 15 years so it's not something I'd be in fear of. I'm told everyone loves me and I didn't realise it until recently. Let's just keep our fingers crossed. See what the Gods have in store for me. I keep trying to walk away but somehow they keep bringing me back."
Now it appears Karen has finally walked away from the popular dancing competition and is apparently "miffed" she missed out on the head judge spot.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "TV bosses wanted her to come back, but she was a bit miffed at missing out on the big judging role and didn't want to devote any more time to the show.
"She'll be focusing on personal projects and her dance school now instead."