The Big Family Cooking Showdown judges 'face axe'
- Bang Showbiz
- 5 September 2017
'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' judges Rosemary Shrager and Giorgio Locatelli could be axed from the programme should a second series be commissioned
Rosemary Shrager and Giorgio Locatelli could be axed from 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown'.
The celebrity chefs, who act as judges on the programme, face being culled from the BBC cookery series as show bosses are said to have grown concerned with recent viewing figures following a near 400,000 slump in the three weeks following the launch episode.
An insider said: "Bosses like the format and have high hopes for recreating some of the magic of 'Bake Off', but something hasn't quite clicked.
"The feeling behind the scenes is that there's definitely something there. Nadiya and Zoe have proved a hit as hosts, but it might be the spark between the judges is lacking something."
It's not yet known whether the programme will return for a second series but judges Rosemary and Giorgio could make way if so, meaning co-hosts Zoe Ball and former 'Great British Bake Off' champion Nadiya Hussain will line up with new colleagues.
The insider added to The Sun newspaper: "If it's to have another series, some new faces look likely."
'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' received around 1.7 million for its launch show, but last week's episode was watched by just 1.34 million.
This comes after 'The Great British Bake Off' was seen by 6.5 million last week when it re-launched on its new Channel 4 home after departing the BBC.
'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' began on Tuesday August 15 but has now moved to Thursday evenings to avoid a clash with 'Bake Off', which airs on Tuesdays.
The programme features two teams of three family members competing in a trio of challenges, with the winner of each of the eight heats set to progress to the semi-finals and then the final before a winner is chosen.