Stephanie Davis snubbed by Strictly Come Dancing
- Bang Showbiz
- 16 August 2017
Stephanie Davis was hoping to take part in this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing' but was snubbed after her bitter feud with Jeremy McConnell
Stephanie Davis has been snubbed from this year's 'Strictly Come Dancing' line up.
The 24-year-old actress was hoping to make her television comeback on the forthcoming series of the ballroom and latin show, but bosses have turned her down because they don't want to be "associated with her" following her bitter legal battle with her ex-boyfriend Jeremy McConnell, who was found guilty of battering her last week.
A source told The Sun Online: "Stephanie was hoping the talks that were taking place with 'Strictly Come Dancing' would see her taking part in this year's show.
"But unfortunately they didn't want to be associated with her at this moment in time so have quashed any chance of her appearing now or in the future. She is devastated she was hoping this could be her big come back! It's just another set back she didn't need along with the charges hanging over her with the assault on Jezz."
The former 'Hollyoaks' star - who was reportedly sacked from the Channel 4 show in 2015 for turning up to set drunk - was able to breathe a sigh of relief last week when her former flame, with whom she has eight-month-old son Caben-Albi, was found guilty of assaulting her at her home address in Liverpool on March 9 this year.
Jeremy, 28, was handed a handed a 12-month suspended sentence, told to carry out a Building Better Relationships course with the Probation Service, spend 15 days in rehab, complete 200 hours of unpaid work and cough up for the legal fees.
Judge Lloyd - who said she found it bizarre that Jeremy had described his behaviour in the trial as reasonable - said the former 'Celebrity Big Brother' star would have to pay £1,000 to the prosecution as well as £1,000 to Stephanie in compensation.
Jeremy has also been banned from seeing or speaking to the actress for three years and any contact regarding their son would have to be made via social services, solicitors or the family court. The restraining order can only be lifted by the court.