Paul Danan 'died' after snorting heroin
- Bang Showbiz
- 2 August 2017
Actor Paul Danan has revealed he died and had to be brought back to life after snorting heroin in 2007
Paul Danan died and had to be brought back to life after snorting heroin in 2007.
The 39-year-old actor, who played Sol Patrick in 'Hollyoaks', has battled addictions to cocaine and painkillers for more than a decade and has admitted he came perilously close to losing his life in an incident he compared to a memorable scene from 'Pulp Fiction'.
Paul, who is starring in this year's 'Celebrity Big Brother', recalled: "My mum found me in my bed and I was making these weird noises and choking on my last breath.
"The ambulance was down the road thankfully, but by the time they arrived I was dead and they brought me back to life. It was awful.
"It was so dangerous as I didn't even know how to take it, that you were meant to use foil, or inject, or even smoke it, so I snorted it as I'd done cocaine and thought it was like that."
Paul likened his near-miss to the scene in 'Pulp Fiction' when Uma Thurman's character Mia Wallace mistakes heroin for cocaine and snorts it.
Speaking to The Sun Online, Paul shared: "I did a 'Pulp Fiction', like when she snorts the heroin.
"And what happens to her? She's pretty much dead and needs the reversal, she needed the injection in her heart, that's what I needed to bring me back.
"They call it 'going over', and that happened to me."
But Paul has insisted heroin was not a long-term problem in his life, saying he's only taken it one time.
He explained: "I wasn't a heroin addict. I took it once and have never touched it since."
However, he admitted drugs have been a persistent problem for him over the last decade.
The actor confessed: "In 2006 and 2007 I was in and out of rehab for cocaine and party drugs and would just keep relapsing and have to go back in.
"Then I was OK for a few years, but in 2010 I came off my motorbike and broke my shoulder and learnt doctors give painkillers out like anything, so I soon became addicted to codeine.
"I kept taking the painkillers to numb the pain and because I have a tendency for addiction, I got used to them and once you get used to opiates you get used to that pill, so you need more to take the pain away."