Candice Brown: GBBO will be 'incredible' on Channel 4
- Bang Showbiz
- 19 July 2017
Candice Brown thinks the 'Great British Bake Off' will succeed on Channel 4 because the new line up is impressive
Candice Brown thinks the new 'Great British Bake Off' will be "incredible."
The lipstick-loving baker - who was crowned the winner of last year's series of the culinary show when it was aired on the BBC - can't wait to watch the revamp of the popular programme now that it's moved across to Channel 4 and is convinced the new line-up, featuring Paul Hollywood, Prue Leith, Noel Fielding and Sandi Toksvig, will bring a fresh look to the format.
Speaking on 'Lorraine' on Wednesday (19.07.17), she said: "I am really excited to see who we will welcome into our little Bake Off family and to see how the judges get on.
"I think it's going to be incredible. I think Noel and Sandi are just going to be that real light relief that the bakers need in that really stressful time."
The series is expected to hit television screens later this year and, although fellow contestants are convinced it'll do well, it's been claimed Paul and Prue have already locked horns.
A show insider said: "The feeling backstage has totally changed with the new line-up. Prue has told staff she can't stand Paul."
The 77-year-old presenter replaced long-time host Mary Berry after the popular baking show moved channels, while Sandi and Noel took over from Mel Giedroyc and Sue Perkins.
However, despite the rumours, a spokesperson for Channel 4 - who swiped the baking show from the BBC last September after they offered a higher sum in return for a three-year deal - is adamant the foursome get on really well.
The representative said recently: "'The Great British Bake Off' team get on brilliantly and together have all the ingredients for a show-stopping series."