The X Factor to change 'slightly' this year

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 19 June 2017
Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell

Rylan Clark-Neal has revealed the 'X Factor' will experience some changes this year

'The X Factor' is set to change "slightly" this year - though the panel will remain the same.

The show's boss Simon Cowell revealed last year that he wanted Louis Walsh, Sharon Osbourne and Nicole Scherzinger to continue as judges alongside him when it returns for another series later this year and, although he's stayed true to his word, he's decided to spruce up the format this year by changing the live shows and the episode length.

Speaking during his showbiz segment on 'This Morning' on Monday (19.06.17), Rylan Clark-Neal - who presented the spin-off show 'The Xtra Factor' last year - said: "I have actually heard there will be some changes this year. The length of the series, theway the live shows play out will be slightly different and there won't be the 'The Xtra Factor' anymore."

The 57-year-old music mogul had his heart set on keeping the panel the same this year because he loved how "perfect" the chemistry was between them on the show in 2016.

A source told The Sun newspaper: "The ­chemistry was perfect last year, so it's only natural to want to bring the same line-up together again.

"It's usually hard to get people's schedules to align but for the first year it has worked out. The judges can't wait to get started and have already been gossiping behind the scenes."

The news will be well received by fans as speculation was rife that Sharon might step away from the show after she suffered a back injury, while Nicole, who replaced Rita Ora last year and saw her act Matt Terry be crowned the 2016 'X Factor' winner, is planning a return to music which could have meant she was not free to sit on the panel.

Comments

Post a comment