Come Dine With Me's Martyn Hett died in terrorist attack

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 24 May 2017
Martyn Hett (c) Twitter

Martyn Hett (c) Twitter

'Come Dine With Me' winner Martyn Hett tragically died in the explosion that went off in Manchester earlier this week

'Come Dine With Me' winner Martyn Hett died in the terrorist attack in Manchester on Monday (22.05.17).

The 29-year-old PR manager - who also appeared on 'Tattoo Fixers' - was at the Ariana Grande concert, held at Manchester Arena, with his best friend Stuart Aspinall when they pair became separated towards the end of the show and he unfortunately got caught up in the horrific explosion set up by a suicide bomber.

Martyn's boyfriend Russell Hayward - who appeared on the cooking show with him - wrote on Twitter: "We got the news last night that our wonderful, iconic and beautiful Martyn didn't survice. He left the world exactly how he lived, centre of attention. I'm in a really bad way so please forgive if I don't reply. Thankfully I have his wonderful and amazing friends to keep each other strong. I love you Martyn. I always will. (sic)"

Martyn - who had a Deirdre Barlow from 'Coronation Street' tattooed on his leg - was set to fly to America today (24.05.17) for a two-month "holiday of a lifetime".

The tragedy in Manchester also claimed the lives of at least another 21 people - many of which were thought to be children - and over 50 people were injured and required medical assistance in hospital.

Emmerdale's Isabel Hodgins - who portrays Victoria Sugden in the long-running soap - also witnessed the event unfold before her eyes as she was leaving the venue in North West England but got out unscathed.

She said earlier this week: "I think everybody was on a high because it had been a really good night and then all of a sudden everything changed. Just like that as soon as we heard that bang the whole mood changed. Lots of people running around, lots of people crying.

"At first I didn't know if it was somebody with a gun. There was just the one bang and that was it. There was an overpowering smell of burning and if you looked down the corridor there was a lot of white smoke. Outside there was sheer panic. We saw police arriving and police assembling guns."

Post a comment