Zoe Ball pulls out of The Big Family Cooking Showdown finale
- Bang Showbiz
- 13 May 2017
Zoe Ball has pulled out of filming the final of 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown' following the death of her boyfriend last week
Grieving Zoe Ball has pulled out of filming the final of 'The Big Family Cooking Showdown'.
Although the 46-year-old radio and TV star has presented every episode of the baking show so far with Nadiya Hussain, 32, she has reportedly decided not to return for the last show in the series as she comes to term with the recent sudden death of her boyfriend Billy Yates.
A source told The Sun: "Everyone understands Zoe's predicament and there's real sympathy for her.
"But her absence in the final is a blow for the debut series."
Zoe is also taking time off from her BBC Radio 2 show, with a spokesperson confirming: "Zoe will not be working this weekend understandably due to recent events.
"The BBC, BBC Radio2 and Voltage Productions are aware and have been extremely supportive."
Last Saturday (06.05.17), Zoe was replaced by Kate Thornton, who opened the show by saying she was sending Zoe "the biggest hugs."
Kate, 44, said: "Sadly our lovely Zoe Ball can't be here today. From everyone on the show and here at Radio 2, our thoughts are with Billy, his family and friends, and of course with you Zoe."
A spokesperson for Metropolitan Police confirmed officers were called to a residential address in Putney, South London at 18.40 on May 4, and, although Billy was already dead when they arrived, they are not treating the circumstances as "suspicious."
The statement said: "Police were called to a residential address in Putney, South London at 18.40 on Thursday 4th May, to reports of a man found deceased. Officers attended alongside staff from the London Ambulance Service, and a man believed to be aged 40 was pronounced dead at the scene. The circumstances are not being treated as suspicious, and the coroner has been informed."