James Martin has a new cooking show
- Bang Showbiz
- 12 May 2017
James Martin has landed a new Saturday morning cooking show, which will be pre-recorded and will see him cook at his home whilst accompanied by celebrity guests
James Martin has landed a new Saturday morning cooking show.
The 44-year-old celebrity chef pulled out of his hosting gig 'Saturday Kitchen' last year after presenting the channel for 10 years, and the star is excited to partner with ITV on the new programme and return to TV screens on the weekends again.
Speaking about his latest venture, James - who temporarily co-hosted 'This Morning' on and off for a brief period in 2016 - said: "ITV is just such a wonderful broadcaster and an absolute pleasure to work with. Me and my team feel right at home here and are really excited about growing our relationship with the new projects we have coming up.
"Being back on Saturday mornings feels really exciting, not a day has gone by in the last year without someone asking me if I'll be back at that time."
James' new programme will see him create a variety of mouth-watering recipes from the comfort of his own home whilst being accompanied by celebrity guests, although it has been reported the upcoming production will feature some "unexpected turns".
He said: "So the new show will take some unexpected turns, watch this space."
The culinary mastermind has admitted it was "really important" for him to approach the upcoming project "differently" than his previous ventures, and one element will be dissimilar to 'Saturday Kitchen', which is it will be pre-recorded whereas his former show was aired live.
He said: "But it was really important to me to do things differently."
James is currently featuring in his new daytime programme 'James Martin's American Adventure', and he "loves" being able to "explore" the USA with the show.
He said: "America is a place I have always loved and the chance to go and explore it both for Daytime and Peak at ITV is one I simply couldn't resist."