Nicole Scherzinger hasn't committed to X Factor
- Bang Showbiz
- 23 April 2017
Nicole Scherzinger has left 'X Factor' producers feeling anxious as she still hasn't signed a contract for the new series
Nicole Scherzinger hasn't committed to the new series of 'The X Factor'.
The former Pussycat Dolls singer - who mentored Matt Terry to victory on last year's show - is said to be making show chief Simon Cowell anxious as while he's keen to have everyone from the 2016 panel back for the upcoming run of the talent contest, so far only he, Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne have signed their contracts.
A source told The Sun on Sunday newspaper: "Simon has made no secret of the fact he wants the same panel this year.
"But while Louis and Sharon are all but signed, there's still a question mark over Nicole.
"She loves the show and ended last year indicating she'd be seeing them all same time, same place. But the longer things hang in the air, the more nervous people become.
"Filming is starting in June and and production will sleep easier when she gives Simon her answer."
Just a few weeks ago, Nicole admitted she was unsure whether she'd return to the show as she wanted to explore her creative side.
She said: "I don't know yet. We'll see. I might. But I want to get back to creating. Last year I did a lot of TV and I loved it.
"But I didn't spend time with the artist in me. The idea of that excites me more than anything."
And it was recently reported the 38-year-old star was to play the lead role of Elphaba in the movie adaptation of musical 'Wicked' after impressing as Grizabella in the stage version of 'Cats'.
A source said: "Nicole has held early discussions with film bosses who think she's perfect for the role of Elphaba.
"She's been eyeing a career in acting for some time now, so playing the lead role in a such a popular musical would be a major coup. There's still some way to go before a final decision but she's very much in the frame for the job."