Drake postpones Amsterdam show again on doctor's orders

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 28 March 2017
Drake

Drake

Drake had to postpone his Amsterdam show for a third time on Monday night (27.03.17), leaving fans in uproar

Drake was forced to postpone his Amsterdam concert for a third time on Monday night (27.03.17) on "doctor's orders".

The 'One Dance' rapper was due to perform at Ziggo Dome in the Netherlands' capital, but pulled out at the very last minute while fans already piled into the 17,000 capacity venue.

In footage shared on social media, they can be seen throwing items, including bottles, on stage in anger as a representative for the promoter of the show, Mojo Concerts, informed them the gig had been axed.

However, he is expected to return to the venue for his planned gig this evening (28.03.17) and the axed show will now take place on Wednesday (29.03.17).

In the clip, the woman can be heard saying: "I'm really sorry to tell you that tonight's show cannot take place. Drake got sick. His doctor told him not to perform. Tickets will stay valid for the show on Wednesday as he wishes to bring his fans the best show in the world."

A statement was later posted on Mojo's Twitter page, which read: "Drake really wanted to perform tonight but unfortunately he became ill and his doctor has told him he can't perform tonight.

"Tonight's show will be moved to upcoming Wednesday March 29. Tickets stay valid for the new date on Wednesday March 29. Keep an eye on mojo.nl/drake for more information. The concert of upcoming tuesday March 28 will go on as planned (sic)."

The 30-year-old hip-hop star cancelled his two concerts at the Amsterdam venue for his 'Boy Meets World' tour back in January, which were rescheduled for March 27 and 28.

Comments