Sir Bruce Forsyth 'doing great' after hospitalisation
Sir Bruce Forsyth is "doing great" after being hospitalised with a chest infection, according to his daughter Julie
Sir Bruce Forsyth is "doing great" after being hospitalised with a chest infection.
The 89-year-old television presenter spent five nights in the ICU at St Peter's hospital in Surrey earlier this month after he was struck down with a severe chest infection, and after being discharged last week, his daughter Julie has said he's on the mend.
Speaking to the Sunday People newspaper, she said: "I have been to see him and he's doing great. He is getting over a chest infection so it's a bit difficult, but he's doing good."
The news comes after the former 'Strictly Come Dancing' host was accompanied by medics as he made his way home last week, so that he could continue to recover where he is "comfortable".
A source said at the time: "Bruce is feeling much better but is still far from 100 per cent, so doctors decided to take precautions.
"Their view was that the more support he had on hand for the transition, the better.
"Now Bruce is at home, he can relax completely and concentrate on getting better, which is of course, what everyone wants him to do.
"He won't be up and about for a while, but he is happy the doctors have allowed him to be at home - where he is comfortable.
"Everyone is keeping an eye on him, these illnesses are more troubling at a certain age but he has been through worse."
Bruce - who underwent keyhole surgery in 2015 after suffering two life-threatening aneurysms - is being nursed back to health by his wife Wilnelia.
An insider said: "Wilnelia was by his bedside virtually the entire time, and has been amazing. He remains in great spirits."