The Graham Norton show signs three-year deal
- Bang Showbiz
- 26 January 2017
'The Graham Norton Show' will grace screens for three more years at least, says its host
'The Graham Norton Show' will remain on screen for another three years.
The popular show's host has revealed he's signed up to front the series - which currently airs on the BBC - for a few more series yet, after he scooped the Special Recognition gong at the National Television Awards on Wednesday (25.01.17) night.
Asked how long he'll present his own series - which first aired in 2007 - he told BANG Showbiz: "I think we've just done a deal for another three years. Which seems like a long time, but yeah, another three years?"
And Graham, 53, isn't worried he'll run out of celebrities to invite on to his show - despite having ticked two of his top stars off his wish list previously.
The chat show king said: "Honestly the wish list is a hard one now because we've done so well. I mean, my go to person used to be Madonna, because I thought, 'she'll never do it'. So that answers that question. And we got people like George Clooney, who never does anything!
"So then I'd say Brad Pitt. Yes Brad Pitt, we'd love to have him, let's name him and see if that comes true."
Graham was honoured with a video montage that featured tributes from Dolly Parton, his 'Let It Shine' co-host Mel Giedroyc and his mother and admitted the gesture was overwhelming.
However, he was gutted he forgot to thank his mother when he picked up the gong.
He said: "I said on stage, 'this lovely award would turn to hell' and of course it did! And I immediately thought, 'I forgot to thank my mother! I forgot to thank my mother!' So what I need to do immediately now is go and phone her and build bridges! Mum never does anything, she refuses all the offers (I sound like her agent) I've never seen my mum on telly before. So I'm gutted that I didn't say a big big thank you to her."