Simon Cowell for Saturday Night Takeaway?
- Bang Showbiz
- 26 January 2017
Ant and Dec are keen to get Simon Cowell on 'Saturday Night Takeaway' this year
Simon Cowell has been asked to do 'Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway'.
The hilarious duo - known individually as Ant McPartlin and Dec Donnelly - have asked the 57-year-old businessman to feature in the musical segment of their weekend show but so far haven't been able to nab him because his schedule hasn't matched up.
Speaking to BANG Showbiz at the National Television Awards, held at London's O2 Arena, on Wednesday (25.01.17), Dec said when asked what celebrities they have lined up for the forthcoming series: "Simon Cowell was asked but he hasn't been free."
But, although they haven't been very lucky thus far, the comedy pair - who work with the music mogul on 'Britain's Got Talent' - are convinced they'll get him one day soon.
Ant added: "Simon's shown willingness but we'll get him."
Despite not having their major star in the mix at the moment, Ant and Dec have already shot one episode of the forthcoming series and are impressed with how well it's going.
Dec explained: "Well we've shot one day already, and David Walliams ended up on a donkey on Blackpool beach, so it's business as usual!
"We got there on a jet this year so we must have been doing something right. So we got up to Blackpool on a jet, you get free sandwiches and everything."
The next installment of the show, which first hit television screens in 2002, will see a new face as Scarlett Moffatt - who won over the nation when she took part in 'I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here!' last year - has jumped on board as the new co-host.
Ant said: "Scarlett, yes she' joining the team for 'Saturday Night Takeaway' and we've got some fun and games for her."