Sir Tom Jones doesn't blame BBC for The Voice axe
Sir Tom Jones is angry at the show workers on 'The Voice' rather than the BBC for giving him the axe in 2015
Sir Tom Jones doesn't blame the BBC for him getting the axe from 'The Voice'.
The 76-year-old singer was dramatically dropped from the singing competition in 2015 and replaced by Boy George after three years on the panel but, although his firing knocked his confidence, he doesn't have any hatred towards the major broadcaster.
Speaking to BANG Showbiz at the press screening of the new series in London on Wednesday (04.01.17), he said: "I don't think it was the BBC, it was the people on the show [who axed him] because I've done a show for the BBC after that. Right after that I did 'Children in Need' with Rob Brydon on the BBC right away so I wasn't really upset with the BBC but whoever was responsible made a mistake, I think!"
Although it was hard for Tom to take, he has admitted he couldn't help but grin to himself when he found out the ratings had dipped last year when Boy George was on.
He explained with a giggle: "I knew what the public felt because of all the feedback that I was getting and now that I've come back I'm getting positive feedback from the public. The last series that I wasn't apart of, the ratings went down. So that felt really good."
The 'It's Not Unusual' hitmaker was asked back on the panel this year alongside Will.i.am, Jennifer Hudson and Gavin Rossdale after ITV bought the rights to the show in a mega deal and he's convinced the forthcoming series will be the best one yet.
He said of the forthcoming series: "It's great to be back and on ITV. It looks great, it sounds great and I think it's going to be great."
'The Voice' will return to screens on Saturday (07.01.17) at 8pm on ITV.