TOWIE's Mike Hassini banned from driving
- Bang Showbiz
- 15 December 2016
'The Only Way is Essex' star Mike Hassini was slapped with a 21-month driving ban and 180 hours of community service after admitting to possessing cocaine and drink driving
Mike Hassini has been banned from driving for 21 months.
The 'Only Way is Essex' star - who is currently suspended from the reality TV series - pleaded guilty to having cocaine in his possession and being over the alcohol limit at Hammersmith Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (14.12.16) after he crashed his Mercedes in London's Oxford Street following the show's end-of-series wrap party.
He has now been disqualified from getting behind the wheel, slapped with a £170 fine and ordered to 180 hours of unpaid work after he admitted to possessing a "small wrap" of the Class A drug as well as being intoxicated when the incident took place.
The 22-year-old star previously confessed he was drunk when he crashed the vehicle into another car and caused it to collide with a bus in the early hours of August 15.
He spent the night in a cell after the accident, before being questioned in the morning, and told the court he "passed out" moments after being thrown behind bars.
Although he's had his driving licence taken away and hit with a fine, it's not all bad news for Mike as he was found not guilty of assaulting a detention officer while in custody at Charring Cross police station - a charge he was previously hit with in the summer.
According to MailOnline, Judge Richard Blake said in sentencing him: "You are a young man. I am told at the time of these offences you had something of a leading role in a popular television programme, of reality TV based on lives in Essex.
"The last three months brought that career to an end. I can see from the evidence before me there's a serious question mark over whether that will be open to you again."
Mike is not the first star to find himself banned from the set of 'The Only Way Is Essex' as Mario Falcone, Dan Osborne and James Argent have also been suspended over the years following drug use allegations.
BANG Showbiz has reached out to an ITV representative for comment.