Ant and Dec sign new 3-year deal with ITV
- Bang Showbiz
- 14 November 2016
Ant and Dec have signed a new deal with ITV that will see them on the channel until at least 2019
Ant and Dec have signed a new three-year deal with ITV.
The contract means the popular presenting duo will be broadcast on the channel until at least the end of 2019, including a further series of 'I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here!', 'Britain's Got Talent' and 'Ant and Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway'.
Ant, 40, and Dec, 41, said: "We are absolutely delighted to be extending our relationship with ITV, to continue on the three shows we love as well as exploring further opportunities both in front of and behind the camera. This deal will take us past the 20-year mark with ITV and we couldn't be happier."
And Kevin Lygo, ITV Director of Television, added: "Ant and Dec are quite simply brilliant entertainers and I'm thrilled that we will be working together for another three years. They are incredibly passionate about television and have that rare ability to connect with audiences of all ages, which has helped make the shows they present some of the biggest on British TV."
It comes following the news that the pair have decided not to co-host the 2017 BRIT Awards in favour of other commitments.
Speaking after they hosted this year's ceremony, Dec said: "We weren't supposed to be [hosting again]. We did it last year and we always said we would do it for one year... but we had quite a nice time so we have decided to do it again... this is definitely the last time we are going to do it."
Ant and Dec - who previously hosted the ceremony in 2001 - admitted in September they hadn't intended to return for the 2016 ceremony.
They said: "In all honesty we only intended to do it for one year but had such a good time we are thrilled to be doing it again. Both of us are looking forward to what will be an incredible night, and we can't wait to celebrate the achievements of British music once again."