Top ride Tomb Raider
- Bang Showbiz
- 23 May 2008
'Tomb Raider' has topped at poll to find the best ever on-screen motorbike chase.
The scene in the movie features a leather-clad Angelina Jolie, who plays archaeologist Lara Croft, speeding on a Yamaha TRX80 bike to make a heroic rescue.
The stunt beat a host of other iconic celluloid cycle moments to be named the 'All-time best motorcycle movie moment' in the poll of UK bikers by insurers Bennetts.
Other films to make the list include Steve McQueen's race to the Swiss border in 'The Great Escape', which came second, Tom Cruise's aviator-clad ride to Kelly McGillis in 'Top Gun', while special-effects blockbuster sequels 'Matrix Reloaded' and 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' came in fourth and fifth places respectively.
Mark Fells, as spokesperson for Bennetts, said: "There are some much-loved biking greats in the mix and it seems that bikers have always had a soft spot for Lara Croft."
All-time best motorcycle movie moments, top five:
1. 'Tomb Raider' - Angelina Jolie's sexy heroine races to the rescue
2. 'The Great Escape' - Steve McQueen's chase sequence to the Swiss border
3. 'Top Gun' - Tom Cruise rides to see his new love interest
4. 'The Matrix Reloaded' - Keanu Reeves races away from agents into oncoming traffic
5. 'Terminator 2: Judgement Day' - Arnold Schwarzenegger and Edward Furlong are chased by a Terminator.
© BANG Media International