Nigel Farage turned down £1m for I'm A Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here
Nigel Farage reportedly turned down the hefty sum of £1 million to appear on 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here'
Nigel Farage turned down one million pounds to enter the 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' jungle.
The former UKIP leader was reportedly offered the hefty sum to appear on the ITV show but ultimately decided against it.
A source close to Nigel told The Sun newspaper: "They got close to a million by the end, they hinted it could have gone even further."
The 52-year-old politician previously insisted it would be a "serious dereliction of duty" to enter the infamous Australian jungle.
He said: "I've always said that I'm open-minded about everything but I think going into the jungle after last week's events would be a serious dereliction of duty."
Meanwhile, it was recently revealed that Nigel is keen to take part in a reality show.
A source shared at the time: "Farage is keen to appear on reality TV but he is asking for far too much money. He has been in talks with 'Celebrity Big Brother' but insisted he wanted £750,000 to take part.
"His demands were way out of this year's budget. The highest paid contestant this year is Christopher Biggins but even he is earning less than half of that. Farage is definitely in the market for reality TV but he is being too greedy.
"The BBC won't touch him for 'Strictly Come Dancing' as he is too much of a political hot potato, so he is setting his sights on 'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' instead. However, until he gets a reality check on money he has no chance."
'I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here' begins on Sunday November 13, where Carol Vorderman, 'Gogglebox's Scarlett Moffatt and former 'Strictly Come Dancing' pro Ola Jordan are just some of the famous names to enter the jungle.