Mariah Carey cancels most of South America tour
- Bang Showbiz
- 26 October 2016
Mariah Carey has cancelled most of her tour in South America after citing "promoter negligence."
Mariah Carey has cancelled most of her tour in South America.
The 46-year-old singer has cited "promoter negligence" for the need to cancel upcoming shows in Brazil, Argentina, and Chile, and has said she is "devastated" by the outcome.
She was due to perform on October 28 in Buenos Aires, Argentina, October 30 in Santiago, Chile, November 1 in São Paulo, Brazil, and November 5 in Porto Alegre, Brazil, as part of her 'The Sweet Sweet Fantasy Tour' which started in Europe earlier this year.
In a statement made to E! News, the 'Without You' hitmaker said: "To all of my lambs in South America, I am devastated that a portion of this tour had to be cancelled. Thank you for all of the excitement and love - I hope to see you soon, my darlings!"
The pop superstar then took to Twitter to share the article written by the publication, stating that "fans deserve better" than the treatment received by show promoters.
The 'Touch My Body' singer wrote: "Devastated my shows in Chile, Argentina & Brazil had to be cancelled. My fans deserve better than how some of these promoters treated them. (sic)"
The exact details are not yet known and E! News reports the tickets sales had been a success.
However, Mariah has said she will do her best to reschedule the dates for 2017.
In a second tweet, she wrote: "I love my lambs in #SouthAmerica and will do everything I can to come in 2017 the proper way. Thank you for understanding. LYM, Te Amo MC (sic)"
Despite the four axed shows, the 'We Belong Together' singer will still perform her upcoming concerts in Mexico City and Monterrey, Mexico, in November.
All cancelled tickets will receive refunds.