What are you doing for Erskine week?Help us raise funds to care for deserving ex-Service men and women throughout Scotland during Erskine Week 1st - 8th June 2008.
Doing your bit for Erskine week couldn't be easier.
During this week, people all over Scotland will be helping raise vital funds for the 1300 ex-Service men and women of all ages looked after in homes throughout Scotland.
Erskine relies on the goodwill and motivation of fundraisers within the community, at work and in schools to ensure the highest standards of care are maintained for the veterans who have all served their country with bravery and courage.
In every part of Scotland people are doing their bit for Erskine - from sponsored diets to coffee mornings, bungee jumps to rock climbs and dress down days to fancy dress parties.
- 9 people are following 83-year-old James Green’s brave example and are taking part in a sponsored skydive with the Golden Lions.
- Father Sharkey is cycling all the way from Glasgow to Warsaw.
- The Bridge Advertising Agency is doing a sponsored detox and 10K run.
- 6-year-old Ian McNaught has just completed the Wee Scottish Walk.
- Jenny Reekie is climbing Mont Blanc.
- The Paisley branch of the Royal Bank of Scotland is doing a sponsored run on treadmills.
But, the good news is that you don’t need to run a marathon or jump out of a plane to do your bit! A simple donation is just as impressive.
You may not know that we rely heavily on voluntary donations. This year we need to raise £9m to bridge the gap between the statutory income we receive and the cost of providing the special care our ex-Service men and women deserve.
- £5 could buy a reusable gel pack, which is a vital part of our physiotherapy treatment for residents.
- £20 could pay for a set of therabands, which help strengthen grip and increase dexterity in fingers and hands.
- £50 will buy a walking frame, which helps residents with stability difficulties get around more easily.
Your contribution, whatever the amount, will make a big difference and help us give our residents the special care they deserve.
It is not too late for you to help us raise some much needed funds during this very special week.
You can get right behind Erskine Week by making a donation today.
Just visit www.erskine.org.uk