Ross Kemp wants to do more EastEnders
Ross Kemp has admitted he'd be open to the idea of shooting more scenes for 'EastEnders' in the future.
Ross Kemp wants to do more scenes for 'EastEnders'.
The 52-year-old actor reprised his role as bad boy Grant Mitchell in the long-running soap earlier this year and, although he still wants to focus on his documentaries, he'd still like to make cameo appearances in the show every now and then.
Speaking on 'Good Morning Britain' on Wednesday (21.09.16), he said: "Yeah of course I would [like to do more scenes for the soap], yeah, why not. If I got the opportunity to make documentaries and to act, why not do both?"
However, Ross - who has appeared in the programme on and off since 1990 - was "nervous" about reprising his hard man part.
He explained: "I was quite nervous going back actually, there was a bit more expectation.
"When I first started, when I was 25 years old, a long time ago, no expectation. Now, you've hopefully got something to live up to."
However, Ross did thoroughly enjoy going back to his old stomping ground but found it a little surreal seeing as he'd just finished shooting his TV series 'Ross Kemp: Extreme World' in Mongolia a few weeks before.
He said: "I loved going back [to 'EastEnders']. They say a change is as good as a break and one moment I was in Mongolia going down a coal mine meeting Nazis and then three days later I was in the dressing room at Elstree [where the soap is filmed]."
Meanwhile, Ross may be keen to shoot scenes for 'EastEnders' but he'd also like to land a role in a drama.
He said recently: "If someone offered me a lovely part in a nice drama, I'd do it without a shadow of a doubt. As long as it didn't interrupt my documentary work."