Scarlett Moffatt turned down Strictly

comments
Scarlett Moffatt

Scarlett Moffatt

Scarlett Moffatt turned down 'Strictly Come Dancing' in order to remain on 'Gogglebox'.

'Gogglebox' star Scarlett Moffatt turned down 'Strictly Come Dancing'.

The 24-year-old reality TV star admitted she was approached by producers for the BBC dance show but rejected their offer in order to remain on Channel 4'S 'Gogglebox'.

She told Daily Star Sunday: "I was asked to do 'Strictly Come Dancing' which was pretty cool but I love 'Gogglebox' too much.

"It's the best and easiest job in the world to sit and watch telly. I would have had to choose between the two and it was a no brainer for me."

Scarlett admitted she was worried if she took on the 'Strictly' role, she would not be allowed to return to 'Gogglebox'.

She said: "I couldn't take the risk. Knowing my luck, I would never be allowed to rejoin.

"I wouldn't leave 'Gogglebox' for any show but if I could do one and stay on it I would choose the jungle. I think it would be really cool to do the challenges and face your fears."

Scarlett previously wrote about her dream to take part in 'Strictly' in her book but admitted she could be too experienced as she trained as a ballroom dancer when she was younger.

She said: "I'd love to go on 'Strictly' but I just don't think they'd let me on.

"I'm basically a ringer, as I've danced against some of the professionals in competitions when I was younger.

"I started wearing fake tan properly, out of choice, when I was 13.

"But I wore it from an even younger age because I did a lot of ballroom dancing."

Comments

Post a comment