The Cube to return next year
'The Cube' - fronted by Phillip Schofield - is set to return to screens next year following a two-year hiatus.
'The Cube' is set to return next year.
The popular game show, fronted by Phillip Schofield, hasn't been on screens since last year when it was dropped from its Saturday night slot and moved to a mid-week position but bosses are hoping to run the 10th series in spring 2017.
A spokesperson for ITV told The Sun newspaper: "It hasn't been axed and is in the mix for next year."
The money-making game, which first arrived on the channel in 2009, sees contestants complete challenges from within a 4m × 4m × 4m plastic box in a bid to swipe £250,000.
However, although the tasks are fairly straight forward, the game, which sees contestants catch, throw, memorise, balance and estimate, becomes extremely challenging when confined and put under pressure inside a small, enclosed area whilst surrounded by a live studio audience.
Meanwhile, it seems all television broadcasters are easing up on their game shows in recent months as Channel 4 have also decided to axe 'The Million Pound Drop'.
The BAFTA-winning programme, hosted by Davina McCall, was dropped in March following just five years on screen in a bid to save and pump cash into other shows.
A source said at the time: "Bosses have decided to put their money into other shows and there are no plans currently to bring back 'The Million Pound Drop'."
However, despite the broadcaster's determination to save cash for other ventures, the programme, which ran for 11 series and saw contestants play for the £1 million jackpot, hasn't been given the cold shoulder permanently and may be given the chance to return for another series one day.