Kate Mulgrew wants Star Trek return

Kate Mulgrew

Kate Mulgrew

'Orange Is The New Black' star Kate Mulgrew has revealed she would love to appear in a 'Star Trek' movie as Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway, who she portrayed in TV series 'Star Trek: Voyager'.

Kate Mulgrew would love to appear in a 'Star Trek' film with Patrick Stewart and William Shatner.

The actress portrayed Vice Admiral Kathryn Janeway in TV series 'Star Trek: Voyager' for six years and appeared in 172 episodes.

Mulgrew is a fan of the big screen reboot of the sci-fi franchise, which stars Chris Pine, Zachary Quinto, Simon Pegg and Zoe Saldana among others, and she would love to make an appearance on the big screen with Shatner - who played the original Enterprise Captain James T. Kirk - and Stewart, who portrayed Captain Jean-Luc Picard in series 'Star Trek: Deep Space Nine'.

During an appearance on UK TV show 'Lorraine', the 'Orange Is The New Black' star said: "Wouldn't it be good? With Picard and Kirk? But I want to be the admiral. And I want to watch the two of them row - unendingly!"

The third film in the franchise, 'Star Trek Beyond', is due for release this July and sees Pine, Pegg, Quinto and Saldana return in their respective roles as Kirk, Scotty, Spock and Uhura and they will be joined by Idris Elba as Krall.

Comments

1. Marjorie Roden9 Jun 2016, 9:00pm Report

Actually, in the TV series "Star Trek Voyager", Kate played the role of Captain Kathryn Janeway. It wasn't until the Next Generation movies that they had her make a cameo appearance as "Admiral Janeway". You may want to correct that in your article...

2. Douglas Mappin9 Jun 2016, 9:41pm Report

Wrong, Mulgrew played Admiral Janeway in Voyager's final episode "Endgame," albeit the Admiral may or may not have existed since the story was a time loop story.

3. Star Trek Anthology9 Jun 2016, 9:55pm Report

You're both right. Now, settle down.

4. Jen Chapman9 Jun 2016, 11:00pm Report

And Patrick Stewart was in ds9, but he was known for being in tng! Also mulgrew was a captain in star trek voyager. She played admiral in a few episodes I think...... Did the author of this article even watch star trek?

5. Samantha Templeton10 Jun 2016, 12:20am Report

This article is such a joke, like it is really funny, the journalist basically got nothing right. Lol

6. Peter Brownbill-Hughes10 Jun 2016, 8:48am Report

Also... Star Trek Voyager ran for 7 years and I counted 170 episodes... Not 172

7. Joshua Hoffman10 Jun 2016, 1:13pm Report

Call out on another inaccuracy, Patrick Stewart/ jean luc picard was the captain of the enterprise in star trek the next generation, not ds9!! Obviously NOT written by a star trek fan...

8. Charles Collie10 Jun 2016, 6:02pm Report

Interesting as well that Jeri Ryan was offered the cameo on the last TGN movie, but was not available, so they hired Kate.

9. Harry*Hart10 Jun 2016, 10:25pm Report

Patrick was in only one episode of DS9, "Emissary". As for the VOY episode count, do note that a number of VOY episodes are actually two parts merged into one for the DVDs. I just counted the episodes (DVD Eps) and I counted 167, that's with some of those two parters in one. Basically there's ABOUT 170 episodes. Janeway was seen as an admiral in two areas: VOY: Endgame and ST: Nemesis.

In terms of her wanting to return to Star Trek, I think it's awesome she wants to come back and it makes sense if she's coming back as Janeway. I haven't read anything more about her role beyond this. I'm not huge with Abrams's Star Trek movies - they're good, but that's all I'll say. Regardless, looking forward to what the future has in store with Kate.

10. James Holm11 Jun 2016, 7:30am Report

Inaccuracies aside. Grudges notwithstanding. & typoes ignored.

I believe Mrs. Mulgrew's idea is cool.:) I support her in her endeavors.{~:

11. Joseph White11 Jun 2016, 5:30pm Report

Actually kate Mulgrew played Captain Janeway for six years through out the series of Voyager. She was Promoted to Admiral after voyager returned to Earth. She did play a vice Admiral in the final epsiode EndGame. She also made a small cameo appearance in Star Trek Nemesis as Vice Admiral.

12. Naomi Rosenberg21 Jun 2016, 6:12pm Report

Just sighs,the writer of this had an amazing opportunity to write a briiliant article about the amazing Kate Mulgrew who as Kathryn Janeway really broke the back of women being intelligent,scientific as well as very easy on the eye but sadly this writer failed -too many errors,not good enough.!

13. Theresa Swinson30 Jun 2016, 2:39pm Report

I AM OLD ENOUGH TO HAVE WATCHED ST-TOS AND KNOW WHO PLAYS WHAT. I HAVE WATCHED EVERY EPISODE OF ST-VOYAGER AND KNOW THAT JANEWAY WAS ITS CAPTAIN. I WATCH ST-TNG AND KNOW PATRICK STEWART IS CAPTAIN. I DIDN'T LIKE DEEP SPACE NINE OR ENTERPRISE WITH SCOTT BACULA ANY WAY. THE PERSON WHO WROTE THE ORIGINAL ARTICLE THAT STARTED THIS WHOLE CONVERSATION NEEDS TO DO ALOT MORE RESEARCH OR ACTUALLY WATCH THE SHOWS TO KNOW WHO IS WHO. ALL THAT SAID, I THINK IT WOULD BE WONDERFUL TO SEE, KIRK, PICARD AND JANEWAY IN A STAR TREK MOVIE ALL TOGETHER. LOVE THEM ALL!