Ant and Dec rule out hosting 2017 BRIT Awards
- Bang Showbiz
- 9 June 2016
Ant and Dec have ruled out returning to host the 2017 BRIT Awards and have handed in their notices to the ceremony's bosses
Ant and Dec have told the bosses of the BRIT Awards they will not host the music ceremony next year.
The presenting duo have - who hosted the iconic British awards bash for two consecutive years in 2015 and 2016 - have decided they've had "enough" and have ruled themselves out of taking on the role again.
Dec, 40, told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "We've done three now and that's our lot.
"We've done enough now for certain and we've told them."
The pair have previously said that they were going to only do one more round and were only persuaded to do the 2016 ceremony because of the high profile talent appearing including Adele and Rihanna.
And Dec said that when Justin Bieber performing sealed the deal for them.
He previously said: "We had a great time last year, we were only going to do it one year.
"Then they went 'oh we've got Coldplay and we've got Adele and we've got Rihanna' and we're like 'alright we'll do it one more time'.
"I went, 'I'm still holding out.' And then they went, 'We've got Justin Bieber,' and then I said, 'OK I am in guys.' "
The pair previously revealed they'd be waving bye bye to the BRITs because of their other work commitments in 2017 and that they wouldn't be able to fully commit to the scripting that comes with the job.
Ant added: "It is a really busy time of year for us, we are doing 'Britain's Got Talent' auditions and we are doing 'Saturday Night Takeaway'.
"When you are hosting [the BRITs] you have got to commit to it, there's a lot of script writing leading up to it, then there is rehearsal time and you want to do it right."