Louis Walsh to return to The X Factor
Louis Walsh has been asked to return to 'The X Factor' this year following a plunge in ratings.
Louis Walsh is set to return to 'The X Factor'.
The 63-year-old music manager was dropped from the singing competition last year following 11 years on the panel, but big boss Simon Cowell is now keen to have him back on the show in a desperate bid to claw back the viewers he's lost to rival 'Strictly Come Dancing'.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Simon didn't really want Louis to go in the first place. He's doing all he can to sign him for the next series. Louis is up for it. Simon wants an older person back after admitting last year's series was too youthful, which might have made more people go to 'Strictly'."
And Louis isn't the only familiar face making a return to the ITV programme as former host Dermot O'Leary - who was axed and replaced by Caroline Flack and Olly Murs last year - has also been persuaded to reclaim his hosting position as well.
The 42-year-old TV presenter has reportedly signed a £1.5 million deal to host the talent show again - which he fronted for eight years - after bosses approached him last month.
He said recently: "I'm very flattered to be asked back to 'The X Factor', and am currently dusting off my dancing shoes. There is nothing more exciting than hosting live TV on a Saturday night.
"The show is naturally very close to my heart, after having hosted it for eight years. I'm really looking forward to it, and excited to be back."