Grimes electrocuted on stage in Dublin

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 16 March 2016


Grimes suffered an electric shock after her pedal failed at her concert at Dublin's Olympia Theatre on Tuesday night (15.03.16). She's since assured fans she's fine following the injury

Grimes was electrocuted on stage at her concert in Dublin last night (15.03.16).

The 'Oblivion' singer was performing at the Olympia Theatre in the Irish capital when halfway through her set her guitar pedal developed a fault which caused her to suffer a mild electric shock.

In a Twitter post that has since been deleted, she wrote: "Dublin! 1 mil apologies that my pedal failed and I was electrocuted, but there are tears in my eyes that y'all were so so wonderful (sic)"

Grimes - whose real name is Claire Elise Boucher - later reassured fans that she was fine by responding to their comments on her Twitter account on Wednesday morning (16.03.16).

A concerned fan with the Twitter handle @iProvmusic wrote: "@Grimezsz amazing show in Dublin tonight, travelled all night from Cork ... so worth it, hope you are ok x (sic)"

And Grimes replied: "@iProvmusic i am fine - thank u for travelling !!! (sic)"

The pink-haired beauty also promised she'll return to Dublin for another gig.

She told a fan: "@LaurenceMackin hell yah, I need to come back any way to visit castles ... If y'all will have me back I badly wanna play a proper set (sic)"

Grimes, 27, is set to play Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival next month and will then head out on a world tour which includes shows in America, Britain and Europe.

Post a comment