James Martin's kitchen sacrifices
James Martin has admitted he had to sacrifice so much in order to present 'Saturday Kitchen' for 10 years but he doesn't regret a single thing.
James Martin made "colossal" sacrifices when he agreed to present 'Saturday Kitchen'.
The 43-year-old TV chef has fronted the BBC One weekend programme for the last decade and he has admitted he's had to put so much of his personal life on the back burner in order to host the tummy-gurgling show every weekend.
The hunk explained to the Readers Digest magazine: "It's a lifestyle choice. The sacrifices you make doing your job are colossal, but the rewards are huge."
But, although he often thinks about what could have been, James is adamant he's "fine" with the choices he's made.
The chef - who has a huge car collection - said: "All your mates are married and have children. It was quite funny - my friends came over to my house last week and we were walking through my garages when one of them said: 'So this is what you could have had if you didn't have kids."
Meanwhile, James shocked the nation yesterday (23.02.16) when he announced he was turning his back on 'Saturday Kitchen' in order to try his hand at other things.
The presenter will hang up his apron and oven gloves in March but will continue on screen until April when new guest hosts will step in to provide the nation with delicious recipes.
However, he won't be turning away from the kitchen completely as he'll still front 'Saturday Kitchen Best Bites', which airs on BBC Two, on Sunday mornings.