Mel B says only 'good' people will take part in Lip Sync Battle UK
- Bang Showbiz
- 7 January 2016
Mel B believes 'Lip Sync Battle UK' will be able to give the US' version of the musical comedy show a run for its money as only "good" celebrities are taking part in the new series
Mel B has assured fans there's only going to be "good" celebrities taking part in 'Lip Sync Battle UK'.
The 40-year-old host is adamant the UK's version of the US' hilarious comedy show, which last year saw Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson belt out his rendition of Taylor Swift's 'Shake it Off', will give those across the pond a run for their money by signing up high-profile singers and dropping reality TV stars.
She told Yahoo! Celebrity: "Take the [US] version over there and apply that here, and that's exactly what you will see."
Mel's co-host Professor Green, 32, added: "Oh good God, I hope there is no-one from 'The Only Way is Essex' or 'Made in Chelsea' [taking part on the programme]."
To which Mel hit back: "It's going to be good people. The people we've got - there'll be 16 people this series - they're all really going to be really good. They'll be hilariously good."
However, the former Spice Girls singer has ruled out any of her ex-bandmates - consisting on Mel C, Victoria Beckham, Geri Horner and Emma Bunton - appearing on the show.
She said: "I don't think the Spice Girls would do it. They'd come and watch and be supportive."
Meanwhile, the first episode will see 'Britain's Got Talent' judges David Walliams and Alesha Dixon battle it out to be crowned the lip sync champion as they go head-to-head to mime a series of smash hits from various decades.
'Lip Sync Battle UK' will hit screens on January 8.