Kathleen Kennedy holds Star Wars screening for film pals
- Bang Showbiz
- 18 December 2015
Kathleen Kennedy hosted a small screening of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' with her film pals in New York on Wednesday (16.12.15)
Kathleen Kennedy held a small screening of 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' for her film pals.
The producer of the new sci-fi movie staged a screening for some of the industry's biggest names in New York on Wednesday (16.12.15), including 'Black Swan' helmer Darren Aronofsky, 'The Danish Girl' director Tom Hooper and 'Milk' producer Bruce Cohen, hours after attending the European premiere in London.
A source told the New York Post newspaper: "It was a no-bells-and-whistles screening for friends."
Meanwhile, make-up master Bobbi Brown was reportedly in attendance along with Michael Barker of Sony Pictures Classics.
Appearing on the red carpet in London before heading back to the Big Apple, the 62-year-old filmmaker confirmed the entire 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' cast will be returning for 'Episode VIII'.
Speaking exclusively to BANG Showbiz at the European premiere, she said: "There will be a handful of new cast members in 'Episode VIII' but also all the cast members you see here tonight will be in it as well. We're excited to get back together.
"We start shooting 'Episode VIII' in January, we've been prepping the movie for the last year and (writer-and-director) Rian Johnson has been doing an amazing job."