5 Things you might not know about - I'm Sorry I Haven't Got A Clue
This article is from 2008.
- Humphrey Lyttelton had a top 20 hit in the 1950s with ‘Bad Penny Blues’ and played on Radiohead’s ‘Life in a Glasshouse’. The Humph appeared on Desert Island Discs in 2006.
- Tim Brooke-Taylor’s grandfather was a parson who played centre-forward for England in the 1890s. TB-T was the subject of This Is Your Life in 1981.
- Big in Finland, Barry Cryer hit the top spot on their charts in 1958 with a version of ‘Purple People Eater’. Baz presented the early 1970s comedy game show Joker’s Wild in which panellists had to tell a joke based on topics picked at random.
- Aberdeen-born Graeme Garden’s son John is keyboard player with the Scissor Sisters. GG was president of Cambridge Footlights in 1963, a role taken in 1962 by Tim Brooke-Taylor and in 1964 by Eric Idle.
- Jeremy Hardy was booed by the Just a Minute audience in 2000 when reacting to the word ‘parasites’ with a skit about the Royal Family. Jezza hasn’t been invited back since.
Festival Theatre, Edinburgh, Sun 30 Mar.