Tim Burton rushed to hospital

  • Bang Showbiz
  • 6 May 2015
Tim Burton

Tim Burton

Director Tim Burton was rushed to hospital after being injured on the Blackpool set of his latest movie 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiars'

Tim Burton was rushed to hospital after being injured during the shooting of his latest film.

The 56-year-old director - who is currently filming 'Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiars' in Blackpool, in the North West of England - hurt himself on Monday night (04.05.15) while taking a break from shooting and was quickly rushed to A&E.

Tim was taken straight to the Victoria Hospital, where his assistant is said to have requested a private area be sectioned off for the star, reports The Sun newspaper.

Luckily, the Golden Globe-winner was informed that he hadn't broken any bones and the film's busy shooting schedule will continue with a special stunt scene set to go ahead around the town's iconic Blackpool Tower this week.

His publicist said: "Tim attended hospital with a minor injury, no breakages."

The fantasy picture, which is due to hit cinemas in 2016, stars Samuel L. Jackson and Dame Judi Dench, and is based on the best-selling children's novel of the same name by Ransom Riggs.

The cast and crew are said to have arrived in Blackpool last week to start filming.

Comments