Noel Gallagher tops first ever Official Vinyl Charts
- Bang Showbiz
- 13 April 2015
Noel Gallagher has topped the album and singles lists for the first ever Official Vinyl Charts launched today (13.04.15)
Noel Gallagher has topped the first ever Official Vinyl Charts.
The former Oasis guitarist's latest album 'Chasing Yesterday' and his single 'Ballad of the Might I' have taken the top spots on both the album and singles lists of the new charts, published exclusively on OfficialCharts.com.
The new charts have been launched to coincide with Record Store Day today (13.04.15) and have been created to reflect the UK's passion for buying music on the format after vinyl LP sales reached a 20-year high in the UK at 1.29 million in 2014, and vinyl album sales up 69 for the first quarter of 2015.
Official Charts Company Executive Martin Talbot said: "We're delighted to launch the UK's first Official Vinyl Albums and Official Vinyl Singles charts on Officialcharts.com to coincide with Record Store Day this coming weekend.
'With vinyl album sales up by almost 70 percent already this year, vinyl junkies could well have snapped up 2 million units by the end of this year – an extraordinary number, if you consider sales were one-tenth of that just six years ago.
'This growth underlines the continuing resurgence of this much-loved format, whether you're a fan of Arctic Monkeys, Noel Gallagher, Led Zeppelin or David Bowie.'
Meanwhile, American pop punks All Time Low scored the biggest selling vinyl record of the week.
Official Vinyl Albums Chart – Q1 2015:
- 'Chasing Yesterday' – Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
- 'Physical Graffiti' – Led Zeppelin
- 'AM' – Arctic Monkeys
- 'Royal Blood' – Royal Blood
- 'The Race for Space' – Public Service Broadcasting
- 'Shadows in the Night' – Bob Dylan
- 'The Dark Side of the Moon' – Pink Floyd
- 'Lost in the Dream' – War on Drugs
- 'Happy People' – Peace
- 'Four Symbols' – Led Zeppelin
Official Vinyl Singles Chart - Q1 2015:
- 'Ballad of the Mighty I' – Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
- 'The Dying of the Light' – Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
- 'Young Americans' – David Bowie
- 'Uptown Funk' – Mark Ronson feauring Bruno Mars
- 'Hope for the Future' – Paul McCartney
- 'The Hunter' – Slaves
- 'Cut Me and I'll Bleed' – Blossoms
- 'Handsome' – Vaccines
- 'In the Heat of the Moment' – Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds
- 'I Could Give You All That You Don't Want' – Twilight Sad