Blur to headline Isle of Wight Festival
- Bang Showbiz
- 27 March 2015
Blur have been announced as the headliner for the Saturday night of Isle of Wight Festival, which will be held from June 11-14
Blur will headline Isle of Wight Festival.
The Britpop band have been confirmed as the headliners for the Saturday night of the festival, with the band promising the show will be "different" to their previous performances.
Guitarist Graham Coxon said: "These summer shows are going to be quite different to the gigs we did a few years back. We're excited to play the new record live and we'll have some surprises in store for the fans too."
The four-piece group previously announced their comeback by announcing a show at British Summer Time Hyde Park, but will now perform at Isle of Wight Festival in Seaclose Park a week before they arrive in London.
Commenting on their slot, bassist Alex James said: "The British summer is just not complete without a trip to a festival. We've never played Isle of Wight Festival before so we're really looking forward to this one. And we get to take our tour bus on a boat."
The 'Parklife' hitmakers - also featuring Damon Albarn and Dave Rowntree - will release their first album in 16 years as a four-piece, 'The Magic Whip', in April, six weeks before their scheduled slot at the 14th annual event.
Blur join previously announced acts including Fleetwood Mac, The Prodigy, Pharrell Williams, The Black Keys and Paolo Nutini on the line-up for the festival, which takes place from June 11-14.