Suge Knight involved in hit-and-run?
- Bang Showbiz
- 30 January 2015
Suge Knight has reportedly been involved in a hit-and-run which has seen one man pronounced dead and another injured
Suge Knight has reportedly been involved in a hit-and-run incident.
The Death Row Records co-founder was allegedly behind the wheel of his vehicle when it hit two men, killing a man named Terry Carter - who is believed to have been a friend of Suge's - and injuring 'Training Day' actor Cle 'Bone' Sloane.
Suge's lawyer, James Blatt said: "He was in the process of being physically assaulted by two men and in an effort to escape he unfortunately hit two [other] individuals.
"He was in his car trying to escape.
"We are confident that once the investigation is completed, he will be totally exonerated."
The incident took place shortly before 3pm on Thursday (29.01.15) in the Compton suburb of Los Angeles, where Suge is reported to have got into a fight on the set of a film project.
A movie shoot involving rappers Ice Cube and Dr. Dre is said to have been taking place when Suge - whose real name is Marion Knight - arrived and was asked to leave by security before getting into a fight with two members of the film crew.
According to Los Angeles' ABC7 News, a statement from the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department said: "There are two victims that were transported to a local hospital to be treated for their injuries.
"A male adult was pronounced dead at the hospital. The second victim is in an unknown condition."
Suge - who is renowned for launching the careers of Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre and Tupac Shakur - is reported to have driven to a fast-food restaurant car park after the row on the film set, with witnesses claiming another argument then took place before the fatal accident.
Police say a red pickup truck hit the men while they were in the car park before the vehicle was later found abandoned.
Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lt. John Corina says witnesses they have spoken to so far claim the incident looked like an "intentional act".
He added: "So we're handling it as a homicide."
Mr. Blatt says he's not yet spoken to his client but plans to negotiate with him to surrender.
The 49-year-old star has previously been convicted of armed robbery and assault with a gun and has also served time for violating probation.
Last August he was shot six times at a nightclub in the Californian city and in November he pleaded not guilty to a robbery charge after a photographer accused him of stealing her camera.
He is reportedly facing up to 30 years in prison for the crime because of his prior convictions.