Steve Backshall wanted Anton du Beke as Strictly Come Dancing partner

Steve Backshall has confessed he would've chosen Anton du Beke as his professional partner on 'Strictly Come Dancing' if he'd has the choice, as he was the only one he knew

comments
Steve Backshall

Steve Backhsall

Steve Backshall would've chosen Anton du Beke as his 'Strictly Come Dancing' partner.

The 'Deadly 60' host was voted off the BBC One celebrity dance contest on Sunday (23.11.14) after he and partner Ola Jordan lost the dance off to 'Casualty' actress Sunetra Sarker and Brendan Cole and he's now revealed he would've liked to have danced with Anton - who was paired with Judy Murray earlier in the competition - if he'd been given the choice.

He said: "You don't get a choice. I probably would have chosen Anton because he was the only person I knew."

The 41-year-old presenter claims he won't miss his gruelling dance training and performing in front of the nation as he found it more terrifying than tracking deadly animals for his day job.

He told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "I don't think I will get withdrawal symptoms, my passion is wildlife, the outdoors and adventure.

"The dancing was more frightening if I'm honest. It was so out of my comfort zone. I'd only been doing it for two months and I'm still not very good at it.

"I'm looking forward to going back to river kayaking. I'll be out climbing, I'll be going bird watching because that's who I am and that's what I've always done."

Speaking about rumours Ola had bullied him during training, Steve added: "You go through so much together as a couple and I know it's only dancing and only an entertainment show, but you genuinely put in so much work and so many hours.

"You don't want people thinking that it was absolute hell - that would be awful."

Comments

Post a comment