Claudia Winkleman to return to Strictly Come Dancing this weekend?
- Bang Showbiz
- 11 November 2014
Claudia Winkleman could be set to return to her hosting duties on 'Strictly Come Dancing' this weekend after BBC bosses admitted they were optimistic she would be back in time to present their Blackpool spectacular
Claudia Winkleman could be set to return to 'Strictly Come Dancing' this weekend.
The much-loved TV presenter was forced to pull out of co-hosting the BBC One celebrity dance contest with Tess Daly for the past two weeks after her daughter was badly burned in a Halloween accident.
However, after spending a fortnight at eight-year-old Matilda's hospital bedside, BBC bosses are optimistic Claudia will return in time to present this weekend's Blackpool spectacular at the Tower Ballroom, the Daily Express newspaper reports.
The 42-year-old host - who has proved a huge hit on the show since joining earlier this year after Sir Bruce Forsyth decided to step down from his role - was replaced by spin-off show 'It Takes Two' presenter Zoe Ball during her absence.
Claudia and husband Kris Thykier's daughter Matilda had to be rushed to hospital on October 31 after her Halloween costume reportedly caught fire and burnt her legs.
In a statement, the couple - who also have sons Jake and Arthur together - said at the time: "Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery."
Meanwhile, 'This Morning' reporter Alison Hammond was the latest celebrity to be voted out of the competition last weekend after she and former 'Xtra Factor' host Caroline Flack found themselves in the dance off.
Paying tribute to Claudia and her family, Alison said: "Our thoughts are with her."