Claudia Winkleman's daughter in Halloween accident
Claudia Winkleman is expected to miss the next few weeks of 'Strictly Come Dancing' so she can care for her daughter who was involved in an accident at a Halloween party which resulted in her dress catching fire.
Claudia Winkleman's daughter had to be rushed to hospital after she was involved in an accident at a Halloween party.
The 'Strictly Come Dancing' host's eight-year-old daughter Matilda had been enjoying the spooky holiday last Friday (31.10.14) when the dress she was wearing is believed to have caught fire.
The accident is the reason Claudia missed Saturday night's episode of 'Strictly...' and why 'Strictly Come Dancing: It Takes Two' host Zoe Ball stood in for her.
A statement issued on behalf of Claudia and her family said: "Our daughter was involved in an accident on Friday night while celebrating Halloween. She is having the best care possible and we are hopeful of a full recovery. We would like to thank everyone that has been so supportive and particularly the NHS doctors, nurses and staff who have been absolutely incredible. We would like to take this opportunity to remind anyone taking part in fireworks parties or Guy Fawkes celebrations to be vigilant about the dangers of candles, open fires and fireworks and to be please have the appropriate safety measures in place and to hand."
Claudia is expected to miss the next few weeks of the BBC One ballroom dancing competition - which she co-hosts with Tess Daly - as she cares for her child.
The 42-year-old TV star is married to film producer Kris Thykier and as well as Matilda they have two sons, Jake and Arthur.