Fleetwood Mac won't headline Glastonbury

Despite being favourites to headline Glastonbury, organiser Michael Eavis insists neither Fleetwood Mac nor Queen will be topping the bill

comments

This article is from 2014.

Stevie Nicks

Fleetwood Mac's Stevie Nicks

Michael Eavis insists Fleetwood Mac and Queen will not headline Glastonbury 2015.

Both bands have been heavily rumoured to be closing the Pyramid stage at Worthy Farm in Somerset, South West England, next June but the event organiser insists the speculation is false.

Asked about rumours regarding both bands potentially headlining in 2015, He told Music Week: "Queen? Not Queen, no. Fleetwood Mac don't seem to be available at the moment. But we've got three excellent headliners for next year."

The farm boss went on to confirm one of the headline acts has "been around for a long time" and that all three of the artists will be announced on April 1.

Michael's comments will come as a shock because Fleetwood Mac singer Stevie Nicks recently admitted the group had been in negotiations to headline the festival.

She said: "Glastonbury? You never know. You have to weave festivals in. It's being discussed."

Noel Gallagher recently indicated he was keen to step in and take a headline slot.

Asked if he is eyeing up a headline slot at the event, he said: "Am I eyeing it up? If I was asked if do it yeah - I'd headline the spoken word tent...

"If Michael Eavis is watching, yeah I'll do it ... I'm up for doing it and I'm going to be going anyway."

This article is from 2014.

Glastonbury Festival

The UK's largest music festival returns for its 35th year.

Worthy Farm, Shepton Mallet

Wed 21 Jun

Times & prices vary

Thu 22 Jun

Times & prices vary

Fri 23 Jun

Times & prices vary

…and 2 more dates until 25 Jun

Fleetwood Mac

Following the success of their 2013 return the 1970s MOR behemoths are back on the road with their ‘On With The Show’ tour. The group will be joined by singer Christine McVie following a 16 year absence.

Comments

Post a comment