Louis Walsh to axe two from Stereo Kicks?
'X Factor' judge Louis Walsh is reportedly thinking about axing two members of his boy band Stereo Kicks because he thinks eight people in a group is too many.
Louis Walsh is reportedly considering axing two of the boys from Stereo Kicks.
The 'X Factor' judge is said to be concerned about the band after they ended up in the bottom two on Sunday night's (19.10.14) show, narrowly avoiding being booted out of the competition after winning a sing-off with Chloe-Jasmine Whichello, and he thinks eight members is too many to be in the group.
A source told The Sun newspaper: "Louis is looking at whether two should go. This is already being talked about with the group and the rest of the boys are open to it.
"It would be gutting for the two who go but they might have to sacrifice. Simon Cowell put the boys together but realises eight was wrong and has given his backing to a cull."
Insiders claim Reece Bibby, 16, and 14-year-old Charlie Jones are most likely to get the chop after Louis admitted on Sunday's 'Xtra Factor' that he never wanted the group to have eight members.
He explained: "Eight never worked in a boyband but Simon put them together. I wouldn't have eight. I never wanted eight. I'll talk to the boys."
However, an 'X Factor' spokesman has insisted the group will not lose two members and stated they are "working hard" on this weekend's show.
He said: "The band are working hard preparing for next Saturday's show."
Stereo Kicks were given another chance in the competition after Simon Cowell and Mel B saved them over Chloe-Jasmine on Sunday.
The group are one of just two Louis has remaining after he was dealt a crushing blow in the first week of live shows earlier this month when two of his bands, Overload Generation and Blonde Electra, were booted off the competition.