Bob Dylan and The Cure cover Paul McCartney tracks for new album
- Bang Showbiz
- 9 September 2014
An album paying homage to Sir Paul McCartney's musical career featuring covers of his best-loved songs by world-renowned artists will be released in November
An 42-track album celebrating the music of Sir Paul McCartney will be released in November.
'The Art of McCartney' will pay homage to the 72-year-old singer's extensive career by featuring new studio covers of his best-loved hits by world renowned artists.
Amongst the host of famous names, Kiss star Alice Cooper has contributed a rendition of the 1973 James Bond theme tune 'Live and Let Die', while music legend Bob Dylan has recorded a version of 'Things We Said Today' - which was written by Sir Paul and his late Beatles band-mate John Lennon.
Def Leppard have covered the 1973 Wings track 'Helen Wheels', which Sir Paul wrote as an ode to his Land Rover, nicknamed "Hell on Wheels."
70s rockband The Cure have also collaborated with Sir Paul's son James on a version of the 1967 hit 'Hello Goodbye', which is the first track to be taken from the album and is already available to download.
Other notable musicians appearing on the tribute include Smokey Robinson, The Pretenders front-woman Chrissie Hynde, Kiss, The Who's Roger Daltrey and blues singer B.B. King.
The Art of McCartney' will be released on November 17.
'The Art Of McCartney' track list:
- Billy Joel - "Maybe I'm Amazed"
- Bob Dylan - "Things We Said Today"
- Heart - "Band on the Run"
- Steve Miller - "Junior's Farm"
- Yusuf Islam - "The Long and Winding Road"
- Harry Connick, Jr. - "My Love"
- Brian Wilson - "Wanderlust"
- Corinne Bailey Rae - "Bluebird"
- Willie Nelson - "Yesterday"
- Jeff Lynne - "Junk"
- Barry Gibb - "When I'm 64"
- Jamie Cullum - "Every Night"
- Kiss - "Venus and Mars"/"Rock Show"
- Paul Rodgers - "Let Me Roll It"
- Roger Daltrey - "Helter Skelter"
- Def Leppard - "Helen Wheels"
- The Cure, featuring James McCartney - "Hello Goodbye"
- Billy Joel - "Live and Let Die"
- Chrissie Hynde - "Let It Be"
- Cheap Trick's Robin Zander and Rick Nielsen - "Jet"
- Joe Elliott - "Hi Hi Hi"
- Heart - "Letting Go"
- Steve Miller - "Hey Jude"
- Owl City - "Listen to What the Man Said"
- Perry Farrell - "Got to Get You Into My Life"
- Dion - "Drive My Car"
- Allen Toussaint - "Lady Madonna"
- Dr. John - "Let 'Em In"
- Smokey Robinson - "So Bad"
- The Airborne Toxic Event - "No More Lonely Nights"
- Alice Cooper - "Eleanor Rigby"
- Toots Hibbert with Sly & Robbie - "Come and Get It"
- B.B. King - "On the Way"
- Sammy Hagar - "Birthday"
The Art of McCartney Bonus Tracks:
- Robert Smith - C Moon"
- Booker T. Jones - "Can't Buy Me Love"
- Ronnie Spector - "P.S. I Love You"
- Darlene Love - "All My Loving"
- Ian McCulloch - "For No One"
- Peter, Bjorn and John - "Put It There"
- Wanda Jackson - "Run Devil Run"
- Alice Cooper - "Smile Away"