Robert Downey Jr has no plans for Iron Man 4
- Bang Showbiz
- 8 September 2014
Robert Downey Jr has revealed there are no plans in the pipeline for him reprise his role as superhero Tony Stark for the fourth time in the 'Iron Man' franchise
Robert Downey Jr says there are no plans for a fourth 'Iron Man' movie.
The 'Sherlock Holmes' actor - who stars as the superhero in the eponymous franchise as well as the 'Avengers' movie series - admitted there is nothing in the pipeline for Tony Stark's solo adventures following the release of 'Iron Man 3' last year.
He told Variety.com at the Toronto Film Festival: "There isn't one in the pipe. No, there's no plan for a fourth Iron Man."
However, the 49-year-old actor will reprise the character in the upcoming Marvel blockbuster 'Avengers: Age of Ultron', which is set for release on April 24 2015, and has already signed up for the third comic book superhero team-up.
Robert also revealed that his future as the character is out of his hands.
When asked if he would mind another actor taking over the role, he joked: "I like that the idea is that it would be up to me, like I'm casting director for Marvel."
Meanwhile, Robert's latest offering 'The Judge' - in which he co-stars with Robert Duvall and 'Gossip Girl' actress Leighton Meester - recently premiered in Toronto and is set for UK release on October 17.