Claudia Winkleman worried about letting Bruce Forsyth down

Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly

Tess Daly and Claudia Winkleman

New 'Strictly Come Dancing' co-presenter Claudia Winkleman is worried about letting ex-host Bruce Forsyth down.

Claudia Winkleman doesn't want to let Bruce Forsyth down.

The 42-year-old television presenter - who will co-host the new series of 'Strictly Come Dancing' alongside Tess Daly - is worried about disappointing the show's ex-presenter, Bruce.

She told The Sun's TV Magazine: "We are nervous, though, and definitely worried about how it will fare without Bruce.

"I can't lie and say: 'It will be fine.' I hope we don't let him down."

Claudia - who has presented the main results show on Sunday nights since 2010 - got the job when Bruce stepped down earlier this year after 11 series as the popular show's host.

When asked about some people's scepticism over the absence of a male co-host, Claudia said: "People can say whatever they want. They always try to pit women in this industry against each other, but I love girls. I find boys slightly annoying.

"'Strictly' is a show run by women - it's a very female environment ... It's just one point of view that you need a man and a woman, and we will see if they are wrong or right."

'Strictly Come Dancing' returns to BBC One on Sunday (07.09.14) at 8pm.


Post a comment