Harrison Ford to miss eight weeks of filming
Harrison Ford will miss up to eight weeks of filming on 'Star Wars: Episode VII' after breaking his ankle on set last week
Harrison Ford could miss up to eight weeks of filming on 'Star Wars: Episode VII'.
The 71-year-old actor was airlifted to John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford after he was crushed by a hydraulic door at the Pinewood Studios in Buckinghamshire on Friday(12.06.14) and though he is expected to leave hospital soon after being treated for a broken ankle, he is unlikely to return to work for some time.
A source told the Daily Mirror newspaper: "At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK."
Movie bosses are now trying to change the filming schedule to delay Harrison's scenes as Han Solo and ensure the disruptions are minimal.
The source added: "The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule."
A spokesman for J. J. Abrams' movie said they are "hoping to announce some good news soon."
Meanwhile, production staff turned to eBay to pick up a missing prop.
A set of gold-plated dice which were seen briefly decorating the Millennium Falcon's cockpit in the 1977 original movie were nowhere to be found, so a set assistant turned to the auction website and picked up a new pair for just £22.
A source said: "It was a real last-minute dash to try to find an identical pair. They were very fortunate to find them so quickly."