Paul McCartney postpones US tour dates
Sir Paul McCartney has postponed a number of US tour dates as he continues to recover from a virus which saw him spend time in hospital
Sir Paul McCartney has postponed a number of US tour dates as he continues to recover from a virus.
The 71-year-old musician spent almost a week battling a mystery virus at St Luke's International Hospital in Tokyo, Japan, last month, and is now on the road to recovery.
The Beatles legend, who was forced to cancel the Asian leg of his 'Out There!' world tour recently, has now pulled the plug on further dates to make sure he's in the best shape possible before he gets back on stage.
Writing on his official website, Sir Paul said: "I'm sorry but it's going to be a few more weeks before we get rocking in America again. I'm feeling great but my docs' advice to take it easy for just a few more days. Look forward to seeing you all soon."
Sir Paul has had to postpone gigs in Lubbock, Dallas, New Orleans, Atlanta, Jacksonville, Nashville and Louisville.
The tour will resume on July 5 next and the concerts will continue through to mid-August before picking up again in October.
On the cancellation of his Asian dates, a source also said: "Paul has really been through the mill. He was desperately sad he had to cancel those shows but he was really poorly. But he is on the mend which is great news."
Paul's wife Nancy Shevell, 53, was by his bedside throughout the six days he spent in hospital and he has been left disappointed because he hates letting his fans down.
He previously said: "I'm so very touched. Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight.
"I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."