Culture Club announce first tour in 15 years
- Bang Showbiz
- 20 May 2014
Culture Club have announced their first tour in 15 years and plan to head back into the studio to record a new album
Culture Club have announced their first tour in 15 years.
The band - fronted by Boy George - will play 11 UK dates and will also head back into the studio to record new material with producer Youth, who has worked with Paul McCartney, The Verve and Embrace, for an album to be released early in 2015.
The 'Karma Kameleon' hitmakers - Mikey Craig, Roy Hay, Jon Moss and Boy George - sold in excess of 100 million singles and over 50 million albums, and were one of the biggest pop bands of the 1980s.
They achieved seven Top 10 hits in the UK and also had big success in American and Australia.
Culture Club were also the first group since The Beatles to have three Top Ten hits in America from a debut album.
Boy George also recently released his first solo album is 20 years, 'This Is What I Do', and said being sober for six years has helped him to focus more on his career.
He said: "Certainly being sober clears things up, it gets rid of all the cobwebs in the clouds and you start to think about things in a more professional, functional manner. It's more a question of following my instincts. As an artist, you just follow what you feel, and it felt like the right time.
Musician Alison Moyet, who has sold more than 20 million records both as a solo artist and as one half of the duo Yazoo, will support the band on tour.
Full dates for the Culture Club 2014 tour
- Monday, December 1 - The SSE Hydro, Glasgow
- Tuesday, December 2 - Metro Radio Arena, Newcastle
- Thursday, December 4 - First Direct Arena, Leeds
- Friday, December 5 - Phones 4U Arena, Manchester
- Saturday, December 6 - Capital FM Arena, Nottingham
- Monday, December 8 - Echo Arena, Liverpool
- Tuesday, December 9 - The O2, London
- Thursday, December 11 - Brighton Centre
- Friday, December 12 - National Indoor Arena, Birmingham
- Sunday, December 14 - Motorpoint Arena, Cardiff
- Monday, December 15 - Bournemouth International Centre
Tickets go on sale at 9am on Friday, May 23 priced £37.50, £42.50 and £55 in London and £38.50 and £48.50 regionally.