Kate Garraway joining Good Morning Britain

Kate Garraway

Kate Garraway

Kate Garraway has confirmed she will be a presenter on 'Good Morning Britain' when ITV axes 'Daybreak' and launches its new breakfast show.

Kate Garraway will be part of 'Good Morning Britain'.

The 'Daybreak' presenter has confirmed she will migrate to the new ITV breakfast show, which will be fronted by a slew of newcomers including 'BBC Breakfast' star Susanna Reid.

She exclusively told BANG Showbiz: "I'm still staying with 'Daybreak', and then the new show."

Kate, 46, is set to appear on 'Good Morning Britain' with Susanna 43, and Sky News presenter Charlotte Hawkins, 38. The trio will be joined by former 'GMTV' host Ben Shephard and Sky Sports News' Sean Fletcher.

The breakfast TV veteran feels she is still valuable to morning programming and thinks there are still good TV roles for mature broadcasters.

She explained: "I think I've probably got more in me. I've been in breakfast TV for 16 years ... BBC, then Sky, and then GMTV, and then Daybreak, and now the new show that's to come."

But Kate is also enjoying variety in her career, working across TV and radio.

She added: "Weirdly, I think now I've got a more varied broadcasting life than ever before, because I've got radio, and BBC and ITV, and the Travel Channel.

"I've just started a radio show on Smooth Radio, which is just about to re-launch, and I've started doing the National Lottery, extraordinarily, on BBC One on Saturday night. So that's a novelty for me, to be on Saturday night TV again."

Kate Garraway interviews Michael Palin in 'Michael Palin's New Tales Around the World in 80 Days', Sunday 16 March at 8.30pm on Travel Channel.

1. Denise Denson16 Mar 2014, 1:59pm Report

wont be watching her she is so false and cant stand the stupid loud false laugh she has. reminds me of lunch time siren in the mill years ago. bring back penny smith a natural and pretty

2. LeberlyJane16 Mar 2014, 3:40pm Report

Cannot agree with Denise more. Kate needs to be gone. Feel sorry for Susannna :(

3. Jack Hindmarsh16 Mar 2014, 10:35pm Report

So glad- she is by far the best presenter x

4. paul warner19 Mar 2014, 10:44pm Report

Denise is 150% correct Kate Garraway is the biggest waste of space in television. She is has no talent look like the back end of a bus .

I used to listen to smooth in the mid morning , so I will not be watching good morning Britain or listening to Smooth

5. Logic Bomb11 Apr 2014, 3:13pm Report

Dreadful woman. Condescending, patronising and as insincere as it is possible to be. Drools over celebrities leaving even the celebs themselves shifting uncomfortably in their chairs. One of the main pillars of consistent failure at ITV's attempts at breakfast television. The adverts are more interesting. It had half a chance, until this. Sky News for me.

6. Jen Horne25 Apr 2014, 12:19pm Report

Have to agree with most of the comments. Time and again they let excellent presenters go but keep the rubbish... Kate!! Have they ever considered it is not presenters such as Aled or Lorraine that are in any way to blame it's the format of the whole programme. Why did they not keep the good ones for the new programme and get rid of the bad. Looking at the replacements I do not believe they will make any difference!

7. Oli bolly9 May 2014, 9:57pm Report

Think she is a great genuine and sincere presenter and caring,, feel comments from previous posts are just vile...

8. Steven Dimmock12 May 2014, 4:25am Report

Ive not seen her on GMb great change in the line up

9. Shazza19 Aug 2014, 8:54am Report

why does Kate Garraway feel the need to keep repeating herself -boring-no talent,